PDA

View Full Version : Definition of Lian on SBF

Az284
25-06-2023, 11:38 PM
I see this term being used quite loosely in a number of contexts so I thought I would ask the question.

What does a Lian or a Lian look mean to you? Does it mean a certain haircut, mannerism, way of speaking, Chinese-ed?

EDIT: I'm from Singapore. I've grown up with the word "Ah Lian", and I use it myself to describe certain people. My point is that people seem to use it to mean different things. What's Lian to someone isn't to others! So asking to spur discussion ;) Got inspired by the MILF thread which is a similar topic.

SirLance
26-06-2023, 05:56 AM
I see this term being used quite loosely in a number of contexts so I thought I would ask the question.

What does a Lian or a Lian look mean to you? Does it mean a certain haircut, mannerism, way of speaking, Chinese-ed?

My definition

A gal who is around 16 to 18 yo who do not wear make up. Looks plain ordinary and stay as neighborhood housing type.

sammyboyfor
26-06-2023, 06:15 AM
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Ah_Lian

Etymology

Borrowed from Hokkien 阿蓮/阿莲 (a-liân).
Noun

Ah Lian (plural Ah Lians)

(derogatory) A young Chinese woman in Southeast Asia, particularly Singapore and Malaysia, associated with a stereotype of having little education or sophistication and operating within secret societies and street gangs.

Related terms

Ah Huay
Ah Beng (male equivalent)
Ah Seng (male equivalent)

larue
26-06-2023, 11:18 AM
1) Speaks mostly hokkien/mandarin and singlish.

2) English like shit, but she doesn't even know how bad it is.

3) Talks very loud and very coarse, laughs even worse. Very jarring to the ears.

4) Dresses provocatively and sluttily in cheap apparel. Hair changes colour often. Tattoos are common but not always.

5) Smokes. Strangely enough, I've noticed drinking isn't nearly as common as smoking.

6) Low paying dead end job in retail, or f&b. Sometimes service industry, but less so because they often cannot do that with green hair.

7) Hangs out with fellow career dead enders, like food delivery guys riding fast ebikes without a helmet while blasting music of unknown origin

8) Usually young, but can be any age. It is mainly their mannerisms that defines them.

I had the pleasure of dating one, and what surprised me very much was this: despite the slutty dressing, and the fact that we had unprotected sex on the very first date, she was on fact not promiscuous or slutty.

Okay, maybe she let every first date fuck her, I don't know but she certainly wasn't spreading her legs for anyone else once attached. She was in fact a good devoted girlfriend who threatened to cut my cocknoff if I slept with other women. She was joking of course, but imagine an educated girl making such a joke.

And she really hated it when men openly stared at her big tasty looking boobs and smooth skin. I wanted to say 'who ask you wear until like that' (almost always spaghetti top with shorts that leave little to the imagination).

But where was the fun in that haha.

I would like to date a minah though, but I don't know how to get one.

Vivienne
26-06-2023, 09:45 PM

3) Talks very loud and very coarse, laughs even worse. Very jarring to the ears.

4) Dresses provocatively and sluttily in cheap apparel. Hair changes colour often. Tattoos are common but not always.

5) Smokes. Strangely enough, I've noticed drinking isn't nearly as common as smoking.

6) Low paying dead end job in retail, or f&b. Sometimes service industry, but less so because they often cannot do that with green hair.

7) Hangs out with fellow career dead enders, like food delivery guys riding fast ebikes without a helmet while blasting music of unknown origin

8) Usually young, but can be any age. It is mainly their mannerisms that defines them.

I had the pleasure of dating one, and what surprised me very much was this: despite the slutty dressing, and the fact that we had unprotected sex on the very first date, she was on fact not promiscuous or slutty.

Okay, maybe she let every first date fuck her, I don't know but she certainly wasn't spreading her legs for anyone else once attached. She was in fact a good devoted girlfriend who threatened to cut my cocknoff if I slept with other women. She was joking of course, but imagine an educated girl making such a joke.

And she really hated it when men openly stared at her big tasty looking boobs and smooth skin. I wanted to say 'who ask you wear until like that' (almost always spaghetti top with shorts that leave little to the imagination).

But where was the fun in that haha.

I would like to date a minah though, but I don't know how to get one.

9) shops at THIS FASHION

titts82002
26-06-2023, 10:50 PM
:D:D:D

https://youtu.be/2YsDGCa97lI

superbear
26-06-2023, 11:00 PM
Hahhaa all the definitions here crack me up

superbear
26-06-2023, 11:00 PM
Hahahha this cracks me up…….keep it going!

superbear
26-06-2023, 11:04 PM
Haha these definitions crack me up man.

undergroundtree
26-06-2023, 11:59 PM
if u are a sink ka po lang, u wouldn't have asked this question ler

Blackhauk
27-06-2023, 04:32 PM
must wear over sized adlv, short pants and vape

lewehe73
27-06-2023, 10:47 PM
keep it going!

Xgenre
28-06-2023, 05:40 AM

Nowadays they become top property agents because the commission is good and Ah Lians are not shy to ask for a sale.

An Ah Huay once asked her Ah Lian friend to say something classy and make me laugh leh. So her Ah Lian friend think, think, think and finally said....

Gucci Gucci...:D

If you get the joke, you just admitted to yourself you are an Ah Beng :p

SirLance
28-06-2023, 05:46 AM

Now I finally understood.

Nitrolicious
29-06-2023, 11:18 AM
I think most Ah Lian are quite faithful once attached or married.

titts82002
29-06-2023, 12:24 PM
There were used to be a list of Freelance back in the early 2000.

I met few of them in the respective meeting hotels.
They were then local Lian mei mei…
They were actually very funny and Frank / open in their talks. I kinda enjoyed talking to them in addition to original objective :D

I bet as we are all now, older…
Perhaps already someone wives or young grandmothers
Lian ma ma…
:)

Xgenre
29-06-2023, 12:52 PM
There were used to be a list of Freelance back in the early 2000.

I met few of them in the respective meeting hotels.
They were then local Lian mei mei…
They were actually very funny and Frank / open in their talks. I kinda enjoyed talking to them in addition to original objective :D

Natsuki? I wonder if I remember correctly. Quite big sized though. There was another living in Tampines area. 24 year old then... means she is about 39 now

titts82002
29-06-2023, 01:21 PM
Natsuki? I wonder if I remember correctly. Quite big sized though. There was another living in Tampines area. 24 year old then... means she is about 39 now

懐かしいね^o^……

TheIdesOfMarch
29-06-2023, 07:43 PM
Nowadays they become top property agents because the commission is good and Ah Lians are not shy to ask for a sale.

An Ah Huay once asked her Ah Lian friend to say something classy and make me laugh leh. So her Ah Lian friend think, think, think and finally said....

Gucci Gucci...:D

If you get the joke, you just admitted to yourself you are an Ah Beng :p

I not ah beng I also can understand the joke lol.

TheIdesOfMarch
29-06-2023, 07:44 PM
I think most Ah Lian are quite faithful once attached or married.

Yes, this is v true in most cases. Ah Lians are wild, BUT they are usually only wild for 1 guy at a time.

Anyway nowadays no more Lians alr. The Gen Z yp girls aren't Lians, they're just e-girls who think they are like the old-school Lians.

Nitrolicious
30-06-2023, 08:46 AM
Yes, this is v true in most cases. Ah Lians are wild, BUT they are usually only wild for 1 guy at a time.

Anyway nowadays no more Lians alr. The Gen Z yp girls aren't Lians, they're just e-girls who think they are like the old-school Lians.

Yup. Wild for 1 guy and willing to do anything for that guy.

But i think good proportion of Ah Lians speak loudly, but behind closed doors, they are quite shy and quiet in the act.

starbucks
30-06-2023, 10:22 PM
What about those yayapapaya corporate ah loan turned managers? Those are those who think they are big fuck just because they got promoted not based on merits. Anyone met this type of dao ah lian?

Laopizhui
04-07-2023, 09:25 AM
What about those yayapapaya corporate ah loan turned managers? Those are those who think they are big fuck just because they got promoted not based on merits. Anyone met this type of dao ah lian?

There is one who opens night club or ktv with her beng husband. Quite popular in tik tok. She also shares she went under knife facial ops.

V hot, v vulgar n funny lian milf.

HonkyTonkyMan
04-07-2023, 10:27 AM
wow blast from the past, i thought Nat operated in the Tiong Bahru area..

Xgenre
04-07-2023, 12:11 PM
wow blast from the past, i thought Nat operated in the Tiong Bahru area..

The Tampines girl isn't Natsuki. I was referring to someone else. I forgot her name. She was meeting the guys from this forum for car blowjobs